WALKING AID FITTING INSTRUCTIONS
· TO REMOVE EXISTING RUBBER END FROM WALKING AID.
1. Remove old ferrule and any burrs from the end of the shaft if present. (Fig 1)
2. Hold the tapered end of the Stepsafe walking aid device firmly with one hand and the shaft of the
walking aid with the other hand.
Note: Non-adjustable walking aids must be shortened by 80MM. (3 1/8”).
3. Offer the shaft into the open end of the Stepsafe walking aid and push together using
screwing action until the shaft is firmly in place. (Fig 2).
Note a small amount of water applied to the end of the shaft will assist.
4. Re adjust height of walking aid to suit user.
Note: The Stepsafe Walking Aid Device is available in 19mm, 22mm and 25mm diameters.
· INSTRUCTION FOR REPLACING THE RUBBER PAD.
1. To remove worn pad put thumb pressure from the side of the pad and push upwards.
2. Put the new pad into the dovetail groove and again put thumb pressure from the side and push downwards.
3. Ensure the pad is fully located into the groove all round.